“…Is this skein tonal or… wait, is it variegated?”
“…What’s a semi-solid? It’s kind of a fancy word for a plain old solid, right?”
Hand-dyed yarn is wonderful and beautiful but sometimes the terminology can be confusing. If you’ve ever felt a little intimidated at your LYS or wondered how to talk about the gorgeous yarns in your stash, then our free guide is for you!
Click Here to download your copy of Understanding Hand-Dyed Colour: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Solids vs Semi Solids vs Tonals vs Variegateds
Hand-dyed yarn is wonderful and beautiful and… sometimes a little bit tricky. But knowing how to read their colour repeats is the key understanding how your skein will behave in your project. Download our guide to the first steps you need to know to read the types of colourways you’ve got in your stash so you can cast on with confidence!
Click Here for your free copy of The SpaceCadet’s Quick Guide to Reading your Hand-Dyed Yarn’s Colour Repeats
Get the SpaceCadet’s eBook of Tips & Hacks
We’ve asked our favourite indie designers for their best hacks and tricks to make your knitting and crochet better, quicker, or just more fun — and turned it into a fabulous FREE ebook for you to download. Keep it on your phone or tablet for easy reference, or print out just your favourite tips to carry in your project bag.
Our ebook includes fantastic tips from today’s top designers, including:
- Hunter Hammersen’s step-by-step tutorial for swatching in the round
- Heather Zoppetti’s super tip for decreasing on the wrong side
- Alasdair Post-Quinn’s guide to the slip-stitch bind-off
- Rebecca Velasquez’s brilliant trick for when the foundation is a bazillion chains long
- The Sexy Knitter’s fabulous Texas Long-Tail Cast-On
- Rohn Strong’s best tip for getting gauge
Click Here to get our free ebook!