NEW! Need a little help choosing patterns for hand-dyed yarn?
Get confident about matching your yarns with patterns with our Quick Tips for Choosing Patterns for Hand-Dyed Yarn! Your copy is free, so download it now!
“…Is this skein tonal or… wait, is it variegated?”
“…What’s a semi-solid? It’s kind of a fancy word for a plain old solid, right?”
Hand-dyed yarn is wonderful and beautiful but sometimes the terminology can be confusing. If you’ve ever felt a little intimidated at your LYS or wondered how to talk about the gorgeous yarns in your stash, then our free guide is for you!
Sometimes hand-dyed colourways can be, well, challenging. Will this skein pool? Will the colours blend or pop? Does it contain any surprises?
Knowing how to read your skein before you cast on is the key understanding how it will behave in your project. Our free guide walks you through the basics of reading your yarn so you can cast on with confidence!
Get the SpaceCadet’s eBook of Tips & Hacks
We’ve asked our favourite indie designers for their best hacks and tricks to make your knitting and crochet better, quicker, or just more fun — and turned it into a fabulous FREE ebook for you to download. Keep it on your phone or tablet for easy reference, or print out just your favourite tips to carry in your project bag.
Our ebook includes fantastic tips from today’s top designers, including:
- Hunter Hammersen’s step-by-step tutorial for swatching in the round
- Heather Zoppetti’s super tip for decreasing on the wrong side
- Alasdair Post-Quinn’s guide to the slip-stitch bind-off
- Rebecca Velasquez’s brilliant trick for when the foundation is a bazillion chains long
- The Sexy Knitter’s fabulous Texas Long-Tail Cast-On
- Rohn Strong’s best tip for getting gauge