We are seeking a part-time Studio Assistant to help in our studio near Bridgeville PA.
- We are a very small team who rely on each other’s commitment and cooperation in order to get our work done and meet our deadlines. Flexibility, initiative, communication, and a positive attitude are absolutely essential to our work environment.
- Much of the work happens in our studio near Bridgeville, but some of the work can be done at home, so long as there’s a smoke-free, pet-free environment to work in.
- Hours are flexible, but the ability to work early mornings or later afternoons may be advantageous. initiative
- Varies by season — anywhere from a few hours per week to up to 20 hours per week during peak times.
- Some occasional weekend work required.
- Twisting, tagging, and bundling of skeins of yarn
- Prepping of mini-skeins
- Prepping undyed yarn
- Processing dyed yarns
- Packing and shipping orders
- Working occasional shows, including packing, set up, and breakdown
- Assisting with stock takes
- Assisting with studio organization
- Other day-to-day production and general studio work as needed
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs
- The ability to twist tight skeins by hand (we’ll teach you how, but you have to have strong enough hands)
- The ability to stand or be on your feet and perform repetitive tasks for several hours at a time, including reaching, bending, and lifting
- The ability to work productively on your own
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexibility in scheduling
Essential skills and attributes
- Reliable, efficient and a self-starter
- A good sense of humor, positive outlook, and flexibility are essential
- Great problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills preferred, particularly MS Word and Adobe suite
- Familiarity with using the internet, social media, email, and texting
- Fiber arts experience is not necessary but a good eye for color would be advantageous
Apply by email to missioncontrol(at)spacecadetyarn(dot)com, with cover letter and resume. In the email subject line, please include your first and last name and #StudioAssistantApplication. Thank you for understanding that only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.